IELTS EXAM: IELTS Secrets
- Автор блога: Евгений Родин
- Категория: IELTS exam
IELTS Secrets: секреты теста по английскому IELTS
There are several things everyone should know before taking IELTS.
I hope this information will help you not only achieve your goals but also set new ones.
1) IELTS is more than just a language exam. It is a chance for many people to study and/or work abroad. Simply put, IELTS is a bit of an interview at the embassy when you could either be granted a visa or denied it without any further explanation. If you are going to study abroad, it would be easier to achieve the required IELTS score compared with the case when you need IELTS results for immigration purposes.
2) The bulk of IELTS essays available online are aimed at 7.0. It means that you will need someone experienced to suggest a good model answer. As for Writing Task 1, you can find some English letters and graph descriptions on the net, not necessarily on specialised IELTS sites.
3) In order to make fewer mistakes, you could use this site. It is really helpful, though not perfect. It will check not only your spelling and punctuation but also wording.
4) All the 4 IELTS modules are interrelated; if you improve your reading and speaking, you will also improve your listening and writing.
5) It is up to you to decide what exactly you want from your IELTS exam. I for one think that it is a great opportunity to improve your English. So, the process, strategically speaking, is more important than the result. Take your time and improve your English before taking IELTS. There are no quick solutions.
6) Learning English is like doing sports: you either use it or lose it.
You should use English in your everyday life. When I realised it, I started writing all my posts on FB and VK in English. More than that, I use English almost everywhere; I watch BBC and Eurosport on TV, read The Guardian on my mobile, Skype my English friend on a weekly basis.
Every little helps.